Saturday, October 8, 2011

Pumpkin carving and crafts

Hello everybody!
      Yesterday I had an awesome date night with my love. Our night out consisted of going to a "pumpkin patch" at our local mall.  Unfortunately it wasn't set up this year so we headed over to Walmart where I bought a 3 lbs pumpkin, it was a tiny little thing, and a few other things. I also bought myself knitting and crocheting tools! Plus a lovely purple yarn.
      Background story: When I was 5, my Nana taught me how to: knit blankets & scarfs, sew dresses & skirts, crochet flowers, hearts, little cupcakes & tea cups. But when she passed away a few years later, I stopped because my mother didn't want to fund my creativity. Now that I am older, I want to pick it up again and hopefully create a few lovely things. Part of my inspiration to start up again comes from this lovely lady TinyTangerines. She crochets beautiful things. Including Bows! (Go check her out).
      After our trip to Walmart, we headed to my house where I started to carve my pumpkin. As soon as I Started I found myself sweating. Who knew carving pumpkins would be a work out. In any case, I didn't finish because we went to Manny's house cause his mom was home alone. I wanted to cheer her up so I let her talk about the good old days <333. Then next thing we know it was 12 o'clock. It was a great ending to another wonderful date night.






Btw, Anybody else feeling nostalgic over the new fall weather?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment