1. In April I lost my job and have not been able to find a new one yet, so I am thankful to have Emmanuel in my life. Not only has he helped me out economically but with out him I might not be here right now. I don't want to get all mushy but it brings tears in my eyes every time I look around me and see a roof on top of my head and food in my belly. If it wasn't for him I might not be in this very comfy situation.
2. I am thankful that I have the opportunity to still live at home with my mother even though my twin has left the nest. Of course, I am still going to college and most people still live at home I am just thankful that my mother hasn't rushed me to leave the nest.
3. Booboos, my cat. I am thankful for her caresses and cuddles. As many of you guys know, Emmanuel and I don't live together and only get to see each other on weekends and every once in a blue moon during the week. We are mostly occupied with college work so on days that I am feeling sad or stressed and Emmanuel is can't be next to me, it makes me happy that I have her. I love seeing her little face starring at me with those big googoo eyes of hers. She is always up for a cuddle ♥ ♥ Yes, I am such a cat lady.
4. The internet. Nothing makes me happier than having the liberty to attend college through the internet. I love online classes! Not only do I save money with not having to go all the way to school every day but it gives me the liberty to do the things I love, such as go out on walks with my dog, roam around the internet reading my favorite blogs, or spend endless hours on here posting all about my life (Hehe, Emmanuel calls me an attention whore) Anywho…
5. This year in particular, I am thankful for all the drama with my family. Thanks to all of those who still think they are in high school and spend their time spreading rumors, I now know who matters in my life. Earlier this year, one of my cousins took it upon himself to break my bedroom door after he got upset over something that had nothing to do with him. Soon after, the drama escalated to another, very important family member (my grandpa), and that is where I drew the line. I have now distant myself from him and his mother and others members of my family. Most importantly, I no longer call them family and that is something I am very thankful for. Moving on…
6. Going back to Emmanuel, I am thankful for his family. They have been nothing but kind, generous, inviting, nice loving, attentive, etc… with me. They took me in as part of their family even though we are not in laws (yet). There isn’t a family event that I am not invited too. As many of you have seen, I tend to write about them in most of my adventure posts. That is because they are always taking me out to breakfast or we have GNO at the movies. I still remember first time I went to Disneyland with them in 2007. It was Thanksgiving week and we spent the whole week at a fancy hotel, went out to delicious restaurants, and spent two magical days at Disneyland! I am so thankful to have them in my life. Hopefully one day I can show them how grateful I am today.
7. My mom’s boyfriend. They just celebrated their two year anniversary last month and I have never seen my mother so happy. Seeing her so much in love makes me happy. Plus it gives me chance to get her out of my hair, hehe. In addition to her new found happiness, having him living here with us has been a huge help. With me losing my job and not being able to help my mother out with bills it makes me feel good that he has stepped up and helped her out like a husband should. Much more than what my “real” dad did in his short time living here…
8. This year, I seen various people with health problems such as Emmanuel’s mom hospital scare and my mother’s bronchitis but personally, I been lucky to have my health. I had lots of health scares, such as nose bleeds from hell and lots of stomach aches but I am very thankful that nothing has been serious. Am especially thankful for my health because I don’t think I would be able to pay for medical bills if I was to go to the emergency room.
9. My hair. As vain as I may sound I am so thankful to have my hair back. Last year, I went to a hairstylist who butchered my hair and I had to spend most of the winter with short ugly hair. Now, a year later, my hair is waist long and I am oh, so happy. What can I say: it is my cape! I feel very self conscious without it.
10. Last but not least, here are some material things I am thankful for: My cell phone, my heated blanket, my laptop, the new door in my room, my night light, and the fuzzy woozy socks that keep my feet warm and toasty during this cold, cold winter.
I do want to confess something, before I even thought of writing this post I had already posted a Dear Santa post. But after reading this, I felt guilty and knew my priorities where out of line. I have so much to be thankful this year and asking for things right now is not what I should be doing. So what are you GUYS thankful for this year?
Hope you all have a happy gooble gooble day and that your tummy's are filled with yummy goodies.